Thursday, September 1, 2011

Hurray for September!

Well, hello there!  I'm beginning to miss you, my blog!

I love September - my birthday, my anniversary, back to school.  And the winding down of the hot, muggy weather (if you don't include today and tomorrow!)

Summer has treated me well this year.  No depression slump as I've had the past few years in late July through August - yay!  It's been a busy summer - a vacation in June, Friday morning bible study for me, Tuesdays in the park with our homeschool group, swimming in our neighbors' pool, visiting friends and having friends over, 3 VBS's for Aaron, a family celebration for my parents' 70th birthdays in July, several movies, a couple trips to the beach, and the list goes on with ordinary daily things that somehow get fit in.

I'm looking forward to getting back into our homeschool routine. Less running around, and more structure to our day. Although I also find myself sometimes day-dreaming about what it would be like to send my kids to school and be alone all day (can I do it just for a couple weeks?!), it's interesting how the boys become more content to be at home knowing that their friends are at school and can't play during the day.

I'll be back soon with a few pictures from summer, but for now I need to get things done for our last summer Hurrah! We go to a family camp with 3 other families we've known since college. We don't live close enough to see each other often, but our kids have known each other their whole lives with yearly get-togethers. It's such a special bond we have with those friends, and although it's a busy activity-filled weekend that leaves me needing to catch my breath, these weekend make memories to treasure.






3 comments:

Mom said...

I missed you, too. Hope you have a great weekend!!
Love, Mom
XO

SusieQ said...

Beautiful photo!

Sara K. said...

Happy Birthday, Chris. :)