Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Bird's Eye View

I feel kind of like these guys . . . is Winter over YET??



Regardless of what the famous meteorologist Punxsutawney Phil says, we're tired of winter here in Michigan.  The boys are getting wild inside and missing our trampoline and their bikes.  We haven't even had a good, heavy snowfall for a month.  There's still a couple inches of old snow on the ground, but no new snow that could break up the monotony and give us a fresh blanket of snow so it looks all pretty again outside.  For now, it's just boring and gray.

To make things brighter for me though, I had two great weekends in a row.  First was a weekend away with 3 friends for scrapbooking.  I didn't get as many pages done as I had hoped to, but then again, I never do!  This annual weekend is always a refreshing time away from home and responsibilities, lots and lots of talking and catching up, good food, and even some TLC or HGTV while we eat our meals or take a break.

This past weekend I went to a local homeschool conference Friday night and Saturday.  The two speakers (Steve Demme and Sally Clarkson) were very interesting and encouraging.  I came home with renewed motivation in the middle of the school year and reminded about how important my job as a homeschooling mom is.  I also came home with a few books and other purchases from the vendors there, of course! (and thankful for an awesome husband who took care of the kids alone while I got to enjoy some time away!)



Two more months of winter in these parts.  But in the meantime, I'll make fires in the fireplace, drink some coffee, try to get a little more caught up on my scrapbooks, read a good book, and get started on various craft projects that I have in mind.


3 comments:

Mom said...

COOL!!! I have been looking, waiting for a new post! I love the 3 little birds at the top - so cute! Aren't you getting any snow today? We got an inch or 2, but looked like it was going your way.

See you on Friday! Hope that makes another "good" weekend! :)

Love, Mom
XO

Maisy said...

I so totally feel like those stuffed animals on the ledge. lol Did you make those? They are really cute. Anyway, I had such a fun time going to the Mid-Winter Conference with you. It was very encouraging. I've gotten a chapter or two in from Sally's book, "Seasons of the Heart," too.

Chris said...

Mom - we did end up getting about and inch or two later in the day. It did make it look more pretty!

Janet - Yes, I did make those little animals. They're crocheted; often called amigurumi (Japanese word for knitted or crocheted stuffed toy). I had a great time at the conference too!