Thursday, April 2, 2009

Butterflies

This afternoon, the boys and I went on an outing to Frederik Meijer Gardens. We LOVE every thing about this place and go several times a year. Every March and April they have a Butterfly Exhibit in the tropical conservatory - it's lush, beautiful and warm in there. (the new, springy flower and butterfly photo behind my blog title was taken there 2 years ago). Over the two months, there are up to 40 different species of butterflies, but I think we only saw about 10 or 12 today. Many are still transforming in their chrysalises and more are brought in each week from around the world. We plan to go again before the end of April to see some of the later species.

This was my first real outing in several weeks. I'm so thankful that I've been feeling a little better the past couple days, and felt up to getting out, because seeing the butterfly exhibit is one of our annual spring adventures.

So if you'll indulge me, here are a whole bunch of pictures . . .























A few of the tropical flowers in the conservatory . . .










and a few pictures outside . . .











(these were in the front atrium in pots - bulbs in the ground around here are just starting to come up)

1 comment:

Mom said...

Awesome pictures, Chris! But then I wouldn't expect anything else but that from you! :) When can Dad and I come up for a couple of days? :}
XO