Tuesday, March 31, 2009

American Idol 3/31

"Hello, my name is Chris, and I love American Idol"

There, I admitted it!

I'm sure that I'm not in AI's target audience of young, hip, top-40 music lovers, (the number 40 is the only part of that phrase that fits me!) but I do love music, and a good vocal, and the opportunity that AI gives talented people.

For the first time, I decided to join other bloggers and journal my opinion about tonight's show, so here goes . . .


Anoop - his performance was okay, he's got a good voice, but I don't see him as a true artist.

Megan - honestly, I really hope this is the last week I have to listen to her voice.

Danny - my FAVORITE! I just love his voice and he was outstanding tonight; the minute he starts to sing I wish that he could keep singing the rest of the night - he's got a great gift, I'd buy his album.

Allison - (was she trying to look like Pebbles Flintstone tonight?) she's talented, has a good strong voice that's very mature for her age, but I'm just not a rocker girl so she's not one of my favorites; didn't really like tonight's song.

Scott - he sang well tonight and is a great pianist; he may have a long career ahead of him, though not in the pop genre; a little boring sometimes(or predictable, as Simon would say, although he actually didn't tonight!), but nice.

Matt - a fellow Michigander; I like him, but he seemed off-key some of the time tonight; I didn't think the song was a good fit for him, but I don't think he should be in the bottom 3 again.

Lil - this didn't seem to be a good song choice for her, she sounded off-key also; what's happened to her the past few weeks? I liked her better at the beginning of the season.

Adam - he was okay although I didn't really like the song. I do think he's a talented artist who knows what he's doing and can make songs his own, so he'll probably be around for a while; at least he didn't have black nail polish on again tonight or completely freak me out like he did when he sang "Ring of Fire"!

Kris - I've been liking him more and more each week; this was a nice arrangement; he did a great job tonight; he seems to growing as an artist also.


Well, for what it's worth, that's what I thought of tonight's show. And now I have to go to bed; it's past my bed time. Goodnight!

4 comments:

sww said...

WOW, I would not have guessed this Sis. I'm glad to be learning things about you...even if it's from your blog. The comment about Pebbles Flintstone made me laugh! Glad to see you are feeling a 'lil better!

Chris said...

Steve - you didn't know that I like American Idol? or were you being sarcastic?! But it's true - I'm a big fan :)

Nancy said...

Kris was my favorite of the night! I liked his performance even more than Danny's (who has been my favorite up until now). I voted for Danny, Kris, & Matt. I didn't like what Matt did at all, but I think he IS a great singer and I hope he gets to stick around more.

Poor Anoop. I think he's such a nice guy and a good singer, but it's time for him to go. I don't like it when he tries to do those faster songs and gets angry looking. Blech.

And Megan. Oh, my word. It's like she's either getting really bad advice about songs or she's just full of herself and doesn't care. I'm over her.

I wish Kara and Randy could work with Lil and help her pick songs. I think she's trying too hard and losing herself in the process. Such a shame.

I'm not a Scott fan. He did a great job, but I just don't like him that much.

And then there's Adam. He's got such a great voice, but he's W.E.I.R.D. I have a feeling he's going to be successful no matter how this middle-aged mommy feels. Ha!

Cindy-Still His Girl said...

First time recapping? Welcome! :) It at least makes me blog once a week! :)