Thursday, March 12, 2009

Being Thankful

I haven't been feeling well most of this week; still working on balancing out my thyroid, and it's been very sluggish this week. Instead of feeling sorry for myself, I'm trying to focus on the things I have to be thankful for:

1. A husband who does dishes and laundry (but not my clothes because he tends to shrink things)

2. Boys who are old enough to do most of their schoolwork on their own; and aren't bothered at all if I don't make them do everything when I don't feel well!

3. A preschooler who is SO into Legos right now that he plays well alone much of the time when the other boys are doing school and I'm resting

4. A comfortable house to live in

5. A cozy bed, pillows, and blankets (and fans; love my fan for white noise at night)

6. A doctor who is helping me get better, the natural way

7. My husband still has a job (he works in the automotive industry; fun place to be lately)

8. Spring is coming

9. A great family, even though we're spread out and don't get to see each other very often

10. A God who loves me, even when I complain to him about not feeling well again

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those are great. We all need to take time and count our blessings. I'm totally with you on #10.