Thursday, November 5, 2009

Ugh . . .

After 6 or 7 weeks of feeling well since my depression in late August & early September, I've found myself back at that horrible, anxious, depressed spot again.

We aren't exactly sure what caused the relapse, but most likely a combination of some scheduled changes in medication dosages as well a couple new nutritional supplements. Supposedly, the supplements I was taking shouldn't or usually don't interfere with most prescription meds. But my body always seems to be the exception, and it just got out of control.

There's so much we don't know about the brain, so I'm again needing to stop the nutritional supplements that have helped me with past issues, and concentrate only on getting my meds. stabilized. I'm again needing to give this completely over to God, because I worry about being on medication long-term.

The fear that comes through in my dark times can be intense and paralyzing. How thankful I am that the light of Christ lives in me, even when I can't feel it. Praise the Lord we won't need medications or have weary, sick, stressed, or depressed bodies in heaven!!

I'm so greatful for the wonderful, supportive friends and family that I have - huge blessings in the midst of the yuck. And thanks, Mom and Dad, for coming up to help again. We couldn't do it without you!

1 comment:

Mom said...

You really are amazing, Chris. You express yourself so well and so appropriately. As I have said before, we are blessed to be your parents, and so thankful that we can help out - ANY time!!
We love you! <3