Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Who Do You Put Your Faith In?

Barack Obama, the 44th President of the United States, made history yesterday.

It was exciting to watch some of the Inauguration Day events on TV with my boys. My brother and sister-in-law were there in DC, which made it even more interesting for the boys. I can't wait to hear some of their stories and see their pictures.

Whether or not you voted for him, or agree with him on different issues or policies, I don't think anyone can deny that he has a charismatic and positive personality that draws people.

But it's my hope and prayer that the strong and optimistic emotions that filled people yesterday will result in strong and optimistic actions in the days and weeks to come.

I hope that people will realize that each person, each family, each household, needs to do their part. Whether a company CEO or a stay-at-home mom, whether a teacher or a nurse or a builder, whether a college student or a retiree, each and every individual needs to live responsibly to make our country stronger and better.

I hope that people don't assume that a new president will automatically make their personal lives better. It's dangerous to put too much hope and faith in just one human person, even if he does hold the highest position in the country.

The only person who walked on this earth that is deserving of our complete faith and trust is Jesus. If we all lived even closely to how Jesus lived, what a country this could be!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How Excellent, Chris! I am so proud of you and what you are doing. I completely agree with what you said here. Thanks for sharing with everyone. Dad and I are very blessed!
Love, Mom